One of the most critical roles in a successful Direct Instruction implementation is the peer coach. With good, careful peer coaching, teachers will become more skilled and proficient in teaching the program, and students will excel with improved instruction.
In an implementation that does not incorporate high-quality peer coaching, some teachers will become stars, but some may demonstrate little to no improvement, keeping the implementation as a whole from achieving a high level of success.
With effective peer coaching, staff development and strong leadership, teachers using Direct Instruction will improve dramatically, and students will progress farther and faster than they ever have before.
Join the National Institute for Direct Instruction (NIFDI) for a 2-day Direct Instruction (DI) Coaching Academy on the essentials of successful DI coaching. This session equips building and district-level instructional coaches, peer coaches, lead teachers and mentor teachers with critical coaching and support skills.
Enhanced Coaching and Facilitating Professional Development
- Communicating with staff in order to increase instructional effectiveness.
- Refining observational skills to increase the coach's ability to provide data-driven feedback.
- Determining the appropriate intervention based on data and observation.
- Utilizing a variety of interventions (in-class coaching, 1:1 rehearsal sessions).
- Designing and delivering efficient on-going professional development sessions.
- Facilitating Data Analysis Team meetings to find and solve student performance problems in a timely manner.
View the full brochure pdf here .
The training runs from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
Date & Location:
Certificates of Completion: Each participant in the Direct Instruction Coaching Academy will receive a certificate of participation. This certificate is awarded to those that have completed the 2-day training.
Have other questions that aren't answered here? Call us at 877.485.1973 or email us at email@example.com.